Below are some of the topics that we will be covering in our Parent Support Program:
- Talking about the power of descriptive praise and the difference between that and evaluative praise. Find three positive things to say about your children (each child) every day.
- Moving on to talking about putting three rules in place for EACH child and then talking about the difference between a REACTION and a CONSEQUENCE.
- Introducing humour and stories.
- Identifying three rules for parenting and asking what the reaction could be that you would use. Helping you to make things doable and realistic.
- Introducing the “I” statement (I get upset when I am called an idiot) difficult to come back after that. Introducing the “BUT” word.
- Taking care of yourself. What do you do for yourself? If married do you have ever any time for just you and your spouse?
- We can also arrange for your family to have individualised parenting treatment interventions to help with challenging home situations
About Your WorkShop Leaders
Lorrine Marer is an experienced ADHD Behaviour Specialist who has been working in the field for over 19 years with clients in Europe and the United States. The motivation behind her decision to follow this career came from her own experiences as a parent.
She has put together a programme of parenting, sibling groups, and social skills groups which have won an award for Excellence and Innovation from Essex Primary Care Trust. She has also been a nominee for the UK Woman of the Year Awards!
Visit Lorrine Marer’s youtube chanel here: