Rupert Pearson combines academic and ADHD coaching with educational therapy and teacher-trained private tutoring and homeschooling.
Mr Pearson listens to parents and to students. He listens to what they care about, feel good about, believe and want. Together, they explore and clarify the student’s coaching goals, breaking these down, planning and initiating a rolling, adaptive plan for achieving them.
Passage toward any coaching goal or learning objective is made up of continually adjusted intervening objectives. Mr Pearson’s approach, communication style, session content and activities constantly adapt to your son or daughter’s exact situation, age, personality, attainment and engagement, moment to moment, ensuring the most profitable and productive rapport possible.
Having coached more than 400 tutees, aged three through emerging adulthood, Mr Pearson has experience of many kinds of goal, for example:
- understanding and managing ADHD, at home, at study and at play,
- systemizing and developing learning skills and life skills for confidence and resilience,
- discovering time awareness and time management; getting up, getting started, getting done,
- enabling safe or joyful learning for pupils at risk of excessive distress,
- earning a desired offer of admission to an inspiring opportunity, or
- simply building grades—and self-belief—to appropriate levels and beyond.
“My students impress and inspire themselves—and their parents—by their own joy and self-evident progress.” — Rupert Pearson.
You can read more about Mr Pearson’s particular tenets and techniques, his professional interests, not to mention subjects and levels supported, under ‘Specialisations’, below.